- Latest COVID-19 News: Murphy Announces Staged Plan for Reopening, Some Outdoor Businesses to Reopen, and More.
- COVID-19 Resources
Murphy Announces “The Road Back, a Multi-Staged Plan for Reopening:. New Jersey will move toward economic reopening based on data that demonstrates improvement in public health and the capacity to institute safeguards.
Governor Murphy’s approach includes the following stages:
STAGE 0 (Maximum restrictions): This is where NJ was at the height of the pandemic. State was locked down except for emergency health care professionals, essential construction, retail and manufacturing.
STAGE 1 (Current stage): Restrictions relaxed on low-risk activities. New Jersey reopened parks and plans to have beaches and lakefronts open – with social distancing guidelines in place. Non-essential construction, curbside retail activities, drive-ins and elective surgeries are permitted.
STAGE 2: This stage is a broader restart of our economy. This includes expanded retail, outdoor dining, limited personal care activities and opening of museums and libraries
STAGE 3: Most activities are allowed with significant safeguarding. This stage will include expanded dining, in-office work, limited entertainment and expanded personal care. Bars will be open with limited capacity.
Governor Murphy also said that his Administration was working on the resumption of child-care services and scaling up NJ TRANSIT.
Post COVID-19 “New Normal”
- Constants: social distancing and staying home whenever possible. Encouragement of wearing face coverings in public. No mass gatherings anytime soon. Safe hygiene practices such as washing hands and staying home when sick. Will not take hesitant to take action if there is a backslide.
- The goal is to protect the workforce and the safeguarding co-workers, customers.
- Those who can work from home should expect to continue to do so for time being.
- Until a proven vaccine is widely available, we cannot firmly enter the “new normal,” when life will once again return to all our workplaces, downtowns, and main streets
More Outdoor Businesses Reopening This Week: Today, Governor Murphy also announced that he plans to sign an executive order, further allowing some outdoor businesses to restart including batting cages, golf ranges, shooting and archery ranges, horseback riding, private tennis clubs and community gardens. Golfers will be allowed to play in foursomes rather than in pairs. All of this will take effect this Friday at 6:00 AM.
Latest NJ COVID-19 Statistics: The number positive coronavirus test results in New Jersey has increased to a total of 148,039. The number of statewide coronavirus-related deaths is currently 10,435.
All NJ residents with questions or concerns about COVID-19 and resources available to them should visit: www.covid19.nj.gov
Jobs and Assistance in NJ: An online portal is available to provide information to impacted small business owners. The portal includes information on Executive Orders, regulations impacting small businesses and access to financial assistance from the US Small Business Administration (SBA).
Testing Sites: Click here to get updated information and locations of public testing sites.